Thursday, July 9, 2009

Magic 8 ball says...

Ok - I consulted the Magic 8 Ball last night with 3 very important questions redarding my trip:

Q: Am I going to have a great time while I'm overseas?
A: Probably.

Q: Is Will going to get arrested at some stage during the trip?
A: Yes.

Q: Will I make it through this trip in one piece?
A: Sources say No.

Armed with these three answers of dubious value, I am starting to get very excited about my trip.

I have received news from the Advance Team in my travels, my Sherpa William Street, who has asked to be called by his traditional Nepalese family name, Lapzang, and Eleanor Lee, who has requested that she be called Dr Doolittle, rather than Dr Kavorkian. Apparently in central Europe that means "stalks with the animals", which has hindered her from entering several countries.
They have reported that weather conditions are favourable in Italy, at 32 degrees (Celsius, of course!), with a high likelihood of cheap vino and pizza. All signs point to these conditions continuing, with slight changes of 'pizza' to 'tzatziki' and later 'kebabs'.
Favourable conditions indeed!

So tonight I will be taking a trip to the local bazaar and picking up some final odds and ends. I hope the list I assembled is exhaustive (I know assembling it has been) and that I won't get on the plane and say to myself "Self, you really should've bought..." I don't think the person sitting next to me would appreciate me starting to scream "Turn the plane around! I forgot my...!" Just as long as they don't try to take up half of my seat as well. That would be very unfortunate for me... and ultimately for them, too.

Well, that's enough of an update for now.

Just remember folks, you can comment on my posts at any time if you so desire, let me know what you're thinking, pass on any well (or unwell) wishes, or make any suggestions on things I could track down.
Now, there will be interactive elements of this trip still to come - after all, if you're living vicariously through me, you want to get something out of it, right? Will inform you of these over the next couple of days.

So, peace out, and thank you for tuning in for another episode of...

The New Adventures of the Wandering Gaijin!

1 comment:

  1. i too have consulted a magic 8 ball with the following question:

    Q - do i hate scott because he is going on holiday and i am stuck in my mundane life for the next 5.5 weeks whilst he gallivants around the world??

    A - all signs point to yes.

    huh. well how about that. seems i hate you. the magic 8 ball never lies.




    ps. have a good trip buddy.

    ReplyDelete